I’m trying to consolidate my communications a good bit. One step was to purchase a used LG Nexus 5 and connect it to the Ting network. I’m getting things set up and straightened out and I finally plugged in the phone to my computer, and it showed up … but I wasn’t fully connected. I couldn’t copy anything over to my phone.
I tried a bunch of solutions:
I’m poking around one of those solutions and then I made a change, and all of a sudden my LinuxMint installation saw the phone and auto-mounted. To tell the truth, I had tried several things so it’s impossible for me to tell you exactly the steps to resolve your situation, but here’s the kicker that got things working for me:
- Get your phone in Developer mode by …
- Settings > About phone > Build number
- Start tapping on “Build number” 7 times
- … until it says “You are now a Developer!”
- Settings > Developer Options > Networking (Section) > Select USB Configuration
- PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol
Boom! Showed up in Linux. Copy files to your heart’s content!